The science of art through the art of science.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Contract

It is official. I am now the IT representative at my parent's company, J.L. Coates Electric. I find it funny that someone like me who has relied only on the computer training of his computer science college roommate to this point is now given the authority over a whole company’s networking, support and purchasing. Right now I am going over what large format printer we need for blueprints. After that I have to set up a network and wireless network for a small business, something I haven’t really done before as this is going to require a server. Yikes. Any suggestions, feel free to throw them my way.

Nifty.

I know its for the folks, but I am doing a lot of good here for them. They (really my father) are so computer illiterate that I find myself always starting from the beginning. The hardest thing is convincing them that the internet isn’t just a place for pedophiles and hackers. They seem supremely paranoid about Homeland security, hackers, identity thieves and viruses. They told me my blog here was dark and scary and that I should be worried about it. I just laughed. They are like the Howard Hughes of computer use. However, when my son is trying to explain how brain implants and quantum computers work, I will have the same inability to understand without getting fearful or paranoid.

Things are getting better. Visited the old Fish and Booze for a few rounds with the buds. I was getting $3 black label all night and the beer was extra yummy. I missed the guys, I really did, its good to be hanging out with them again.

I’m writing again…stay tuned for some cool stuff, it’s on its way. The Albino Eyelash is now working with my good pseudo brother Travis and his Bad Luck Inc in creating some really cool things. Check it out and make sure you buy a tee shirt and buttons!

Some of this cool stuff is like this...

No comments: